The short journey up the A6 for a top-of-the-table clash against league-leaders Loughborough Carillon saw City Men’s Firsts suffer their first defeat competitive defeat since last February.
A blustery blur of a match and memory loss induced by over-indulging at Christmas has reduced this week’s match report to a quick summary:
• Karl scoring against a hitherto impregnable Carillon back-line
• Harry keeping the goals conceded in single figures
• Lots of effort from everyone in white
• Capt. Dec's shiny new whiteboard
• Post-match chilli and nachos
• Catrina cheering enthusiastically for a goal....that wasn’t a goal!
• Tim’s green card
• Spencer’s yellow card
• Conceding eight goals
MOTM – Karl for scoring the only goal that Carillon have conceded so far this season.
DOTD – Spencer for picking up a yellow card.
Team - Harry (GK), Boyce, Luke, Ross, Henry, Spencer, Nic, Karl, Tim, Jacob D, Jamie, David M, David H, Declan